The content on this page was last reviewed on 28 June 2012.
1. Table of Federal Sentencing Options
|Dismissal of Charges without Conviction||s 19B(1)(c)|
|Conditional Discharge without Conviction||s 19B(1)(d)|
|Order and Recognizance Following Conviction||s 20(1)(a)|
|Order and Recognizance Following Sentence of Imprisonment (Conditional Suspended Sentence)||s 20(1)(b)|
|Fine||s 4B(2) and (2A)
|Additional Sentencing Alternatives (for example, Community Based Order)||s 20AB|
- with or without hard labour
- in a particular kind or class of prison
- not to be imposed unless appropriate in all circumstances
- not to be imposed for certain minor offences
|Sentencing Alternatives for Offenders with Mental Illness||Division 8
‘Conviction only’ is not available when sentencing a federal offender. See Options Without Proceeding to Conviction.
Corporal Punishment is prohibited for a federal offence: s 16D.